Sunday morning worship services at Hope continue at 9:00 am. Please see pastor's most recent update below for the temporary changes due to the pandemic. For many people, it is still wiser to avoid any risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, services are live-streamed at Hope's Facebook page for those at home. Click on the picture above to link to our Facebook page. The service bulletin can be found by clicking here for printing on your home computer.
2nd Worship Service Option With Extra Restrictions: Saturdays, 6:30 pm
Announcing Hope’s 2nd Worship Service Option.
Throughout the crisis caused by the Corona Virus, Hope Lutheran Church continued to host divine worship services in its sanctuary at its usual time of 9:00 on Sunday mornings. To mitigate risks of possible exposure to the virus, we have taken and continue to take the following measures-
- Anyone not feeling well is encouraged to remain home.
- The church is disinfected before each service, with special attention paid to door knobs and door plates, light switches, armrests and backs of the pews, tables, and bathrooms.
- Ushers do not “pass” the bulletins or offering plates. These are available on a table in the narthex.
- The highest quality AC filter adaptable to our system has been installed, and windows are opened if the outside temperature is pleasant enough.
- Everyone is encouraged to seat themselves with appropriate spacing.
- There are no handshakes or hugs.
- Communion is offered to just one family at a time. There is no common cup.
- Hand sanitizer is encouraged and available at the entrance to the building, entrance to the sanctuary, and in front of the chancel for those coming forward to commune.
- “Tasty Fellowship” is no longer self-serve, but hostesses pass the snacks and pour the coffee.
Thus far, the measures have worked well and no one who attends church has contracted the virus to our knowledge. The service has also been live-streamed for those who may have higher risk factors and should still avoid being part of any public gathering.
At the same time, church attendance has started to climb again to the point where it is difficult to maintain the recommended spacing from others in the pews. There are also some who feel comfortable leaving their homes for public worship, but would benefit from even stricter measures to prevent exposure to the virus.
So beginning July 25th, Hope will offer a 2nd optional worship service on
Saturdays at 6:30. All of the
measures for the 9:00 service apply with these additional steps.
- It will be an abbreviated service without the Lord’s Supper.
- Masks are required for Saturday services.
- Alternate pews will be marked off to ensure distancing.
If you or anyone you know would like to attend, all are welcome. Contact Pastor Oswald with any questions.
Please click here to read the earlier message from Pastor Oswald regarding reopening the church for Sunday services.
2020 Virtual Car show
This year our live car show was cancelled because of COVID 19, however we did do a virtual car show. We had only nine participants and so we decided to give 9 trophies. Entrant's trophies can be picked up at Hope Lutheran Church Twin Lakes, WI. Call ahead to pick yours up if you participated in this event.
We have received updates from the two seminarians which Hope supported through adopt-a-student. Both graduated this month (June) and have already received calls on the Call Days to their respective seminaries. Click on the link below to read the letters we received from each of them.
Come join us for our monthly Brat Fry. Hours are 10:00am to 2:00pm in the parking lot at Berkot's Foods, 600 N. Lake Avenue, Twin Lakes (formerly Richter's Market). For other dates throughout the season, see our current newsletter. Last Brat Fry 6/27/2020.
Our children's Sunday school begins after our 9:00am church service from 10:30 to 11:15. Class is held at the same time as adult bible class so parents and children can learn at the same time. We have lots of fun learning about the Word of God and Jesus' love for us thru games, crafts, scavenger hunts, plays, a balloon ascension and even a little cooking! All children are welcome.
Children's Sunday School is on summer break and expects to resume after Labor Day.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...