Sunday morning worship services at Hope continue at 9:00 am. Please see pastor's most recent update below for the temporary changes due to the pandemic. For many people, it is still wiser to avoid any risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, services are live-streamed at Hope's Facebook page for those at home. Click on the picture above to link to our Facebook page. The service bulletin can be found by clicking here for printing on your home computer.
Join us for some very interesting Bible Studies in January and February!
A FAITH THAT STANDS UP TO CHALLENGES
Wed, Jan 20, 6:30-7:20 (In the Sanctuary)
“Apologetics: Introduction to the Soundness of What We Know”
Pr Tim Oswald
Wed, Jan 27, 6:30-7:20 (In the Sanctuary)
“Standing Firm: Christian Response to Hostility and Persecution”
Pr Maurice Lind
Wed, Feb 3, 6:30-7:20 (In the Fellowship Hall)
“Bible Prophecies Fulfilled: Scripture’s Truthfulness Demonstrated”
Wed, Feb 10, 6:30-7:20 (In the Sanctuary)
“A Musical Foray into Our Experiences with Christ”
Pr Oswald and George Kelm
STARTING IN 2021 COVID 19 SERVICE WILL BE MOVED TO 9:30 am.
October 7th-"Christian Public Theology: What Does God Expect From Me in Political Engagement?
October 14th - "Life-I'm Personally Against Abortion But..."
October 28th - What about Social Justice?"
November 4th - "The Second Amendment: Can a Christian Use Firearms?"
November 11th - "Gender Confusion: Could I be in the Wrong Body?"
November 18th - "Civil Disobedience: If, When, and How Christians Ought to Disobey Caesar."
Our children's Sunday school begins after our 9:00am church service from 10:15 to 11:15. Class is held at the same time as adult bible class so parents and children can learn at the same time. We have lots of fun learning about the Word of God and Jesus' love for us thru games, crafts, scavenger hunts, plays, a balloon ascension and even a little cooking! All children are welcome.
2nd Worship Service Option With Extra Restrictions: Saturdays, 6:30 pm
Announcing Hope’s 2nd Worship Service Option.
Throughout the crisis caused by the Corona Virus, Hope Lutheran Church continued to host divine worship services in its sanctuary at its usual time of 9:00 on Sunday mornings. To mitigate risks of possible exposure to the virus, we have taken and continue to take the following measures-
- Anyone not feeling well is encouraged to remain home.
- The church is disinfected before each service, with special attention paid to door knobs and door plates, light switches, armrests and backs of the pews, tables, and bathrooms.
- Ushers do not “pass” the bulletins or offering plates. These are available on a table in the narthex.
- The highest quality AC filter adaptable to our system has been installed, and windows are opened if the outside temperature is pleasant enough.
- Everyone is encouraged to seat themselves with appropriate spacing.
- There are no handshakes or hugs.
- Communion is offered to just one family at a time. There is no common cup.
- Hand sanitizer is encouraged and available at the entrance to the building, entrance to the sanctuary, and in front of the chancel for those coming forward to commune.
- “Tasty Fellowship” is no longer self-serve, but hostesses pass the snacks and pour the coffee.
Thus far, the measures have worked well and no one who attends church has contracted the virus to our knowledge. The service has also been live-streamed for those who may have higher risk factors and should still avoid being part of any public gathering.
At the same time, church attendance has started to climb again to the point where it is difficult to maintain the recommended spacing from others in the pews. There are also some who feel comfortable leaving their homes for public worship, but would benefit from even stricter measures to prevent exposure to the virus.
So beginning July 25th, Hope will offer a 2nd optional worship service on
Saturdays at 6:30. All of the
measures for the 9:00 service apply with these additional steps.
- It will be an abbreviated service without the Lord’s Supper.
- Masks are required for Saturday services.
- Alternate pews will be marked off to ensure distancing.
If you or anyone you know would like to attend, all are welcome. Contact Pastor Oswald with any questions.
Please click here to read the most recent message from Pastor Oswald regarding the latest news on Sunday and Saturday Evening Services. Scroll down to the "On The Church Front" portion of "The Pastor's Message". of The Hope Herald.
2020 Virtual Car show
This year our live car show was cancelled because of COVID 19, however we did do a virtual car show. We had only nine participants and so we decided to give 9 trophies. Entrant's trophies can be picked up at Hope Lutheran Church Twin Lakes, WI. Call ahead to pick yours up if you participated in this event.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...